Lamb / Mutton / Goat curry
- 2 tbsp Ghee/coconut oil to cook in a heavy based pan with a lid
- Medium blend 2 large onions, 5 garlic cloves and an inch of ginger and cook in the oil till golden
- Add 2 tbsp of good quality medium curry powder, 3 teaspoons of sea or 2 tsps of Himalayan mountain salt and the juice of 1 small lemon
- Add 1.5kg of shoulder or neck of lamb it tastes best cut up with the bone left in and coat in the spices (you can get Mutton or goat in Westliff at Asifs Asian supermarket)
- Fine blend 4 large tomatoes, 2 to 4 red Kashmiri chillies depending on how hot you want it, and closed hand of fresh mint leaves and add to the lamb and onions etc
- You may need to add 125ml of water if the lamb looks a little dry to prevent it sticking to the pan
- Pop it in the over at 160 degrees Celcius (fan assist) for three hours “ish”.
- Check to see the meat is falling off the bone, once this happens, add 1tsp of good quality Garam Masala and closed handful of fresh coriander leaves.
- Cook it for another 5 minutes and serve with rice.
And there you have a tasty lamb curry